Aller au contenu

GO Print

Upgrade u20/u30 tmc2208

Hobi

Messages recommandés

il y a 4 minutes, Hobi a dit :

Hi

not so sure what you did. I actually got rid of 2208 as no matter what cooling fan I did place on the radiator after 1 hour or so it was going in high temp security. 2209 are much much better. I did use those in the uart mode, and re-routed all needed pins, step, dir, uart to alternate pins ... I kept 100uf as a power decoupling cap ( actually my PCb has one. ) you can go for any number of tmc : 1 or 2 for 2208 or 1/2/3/4 for 2209. Which country are you living?

Looks like i misunderstood you method a bit. Did you ever replace 4988 with 2208 on the board (like guys doing for ender3) or pcb board only?

il y a 8 minutes, Hobi a dit :

I never replaced the chips on the board itself. Should be possible though. Nothing prevents it. 

Can you share your thoughts about it? 🙂

I've read that 2208 comparing to 4988 don't need lags 11 and 12 to be connected and capacitor should be changed to 22uf

(https://www.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/comments/bgrg63/reworking_creality_ender_3_v113_board_with/)

So thats what i did.

Révélation

was:

image.thumb.png.884146fdef4088b54781c63c19a591e5.png

After changes

image.thumb.png.837e497aaa647c12d6a742e583b51956.png

What do you think else should be done?

Hi  Hobi! Sorry for my english here 🙂

I did try to replace drive X with 2208 by cutting 11 and 12 legs and replacing 100nF capacitor with 22nF 50v. But it died with agony 🙂

What else should i do?

Or i shouldn't replace only one driver? I see your board is for 2 drivers.

Révélation

image.thumb.png.3ccb086a980bea3d63b4a9ec1d161025.png

Update! I was wrong. Looks like i just short something during my first attempt. Second attepmt was fine... So it was easy.. but i better test all legs together on shots before connecting it to power.

But now its working always backwards 😞 I think STM32F103VET6 is damaged.

Guys, is it possible that after replacing 4988 with 2208 - it works allways in one dir... so marlin has to be changed? (don't think so)

We can do both. Either a stmf103 direct boot or we reuse alfawise bootloader. The nice thing about the bootloader is that it allows an easy reflash like what is done on the regular u30

Le 28/12/2020 at 22:17, VicVicVic a dit :

Hi  Hobi! Sorry for my english here 🙂

I did try to replace drive X with 2208 by cutting 11 and 12 legs and replacing 100nF capacitor with 22nF 50v. But it died with agony 🙂

What else should i do?

Or i shouldn't replace only one driver? I see your board is for 2 drivers.

Révéler le texte masqué

image.thumb.png.3ccb086a980bea3d63b4a9ec1d161025.png

Update! I was wrong. Looks like i just short something during my first attempt. Second attepmt was fine... So it was easy.. but i better test all legs together on shots before connecting it to power.

But now its working always backwards 😞 I think STM32F103VET6 is damaged.

Guys, is it possible that after replacing 4988 with 2208 - it works allways in one dir... so marlin has to be changed? (don't think so)

Hi,

I did change Marlin settings to TMC2208 or 2209, as I am now using the UART to control the stepper chips. The step pin and dir pin should not be changed, as you keep the PCB. I quite do not understand why you placed a 22µf cap... All thet you have to be sure is about the specific 2208/209 pins for the mode so the chips are placed in standalone mode. 

@VicVicVic

See below my PCB schematic. And that got the 2208 to work fine. I had to cut tracks to change to 2209... 

In either case, both chips worked in UART more. The only change for you is to get the right settings pins on the 2208 to get standalone. I also again place the alfawise schematic. You can then check what has to be changed... 

Adaptateur_TMC_V1.pdf

il y a une heure, Hobi a dit :

@VicVicVic

See below my PCB schematic. And that got the 2208 to work fine. I had to cut tracks to change to 2209... 

In either case, both chips worked in UART more. The only change for you is to get the right settings pins on the 2208 to get standalone. I also again place the alfawise schematic. You can then check what has to be changed... 

Adaptateur_TMC_V1.pdf 26 Ko · 1 download

Hi! Thanks! 

I did it!

Mostly because of your schematics!

Spoiler, you can flash bootloader with build-in UART! Just doing some soldering (3.3v to BOOT0).

Also 2208 is working... all was correct, i just short something acidently 🙂

By the way! Where did you get schematics? Longer support refuse to share it. But they shared bootloader!

bootloader for LKx.zip

Il y a 3 heures, VicVicVic a dit :

Hi! Thanks! 

I did it!

Mostly because of your schematics!

Spoiler, you can flash bootloader with build-in UART! Just doing some soldering (3.3v to BOOT0).

Also 2208 is working... all was correct, i just short something acidently 🙂

By the way! Where did you get schematics? Longer support refuse to share it. But they shared bootloader!

bootloader for LKx.zip 38 Ko · 0 downloads

We got the schematics from longer. Just look in the beginning of this thread. 
regarding the bootloader we actually got a non standard stlink device to read the whole flash and it was then easy to understand where the bootloader was and where the exe was. We simply relocated the code base address to match the alfawise one and once the firmware is compiled you just have to rename firmware.bin into project.bin and put that on a small sdcard. 

watch out for cooling of the 2208. I never avoided a thermal protection to kick in after 1 hour or so. 

if you can make a short tuto on how to replace the drivers, be my guest

il y a 31 minutes, Hobi a dit :

We got the schematics from longer. Just look in the beginning of this thread. 
regarding the bootloader we actually got a non standard stlink device to read the whole flash and it was then easy to understand where the bootloader was and where the exe was. We simply relocated the code base address to match the alfawise one and once the firmware is compiled you just have to rename firmware.bin into project.bin and put that on a small sdcard. 

watch out for cooling of the 2208. I never avoided a thermal protection to kick in after 1 hour or so. 

if you can make a short tuto on how to replace the drivers, be my guest

I will! It's only the first 2208, going to replace 2 more... waiting it from china

Le 28/12/2020 at 19:39, Hobi a dit :

Hi

not so sure what you did. I actually got rid of 2208 as no matter what cooling fan I did place on the radiator after 1 hour or so it was going in high temp security. 2209 are much much better. I did use those in the uart mode, and re-routed all needed pins, step, dir, uart to alternate pins ... I kept 100uf as a power decoupling cap ( actually my PCb has one. ) you can go for any number of tmc : 1 or 2 for 2208 or 1/2/3/4 for 2209. Which country are you living?

sorry forget to anwer! yes, 2209 are better, and they also should be working. But i had 2 2208 and also i can order it separatly (only chips) so i thought that this is a good idea. And i'm from russia )